Sunday, March 14, 2010
Welcome Kinsley Ann...Labor Story!!
I woke up Sunday, March 7th around 10:00am. The night before I slept horribly. I kept waking up with contractions and having to use the restroom all night. I woke up to a feeling that I was leaking fluid. That worried me a bit because I thought my water had possibly broken. I got up and told Kyle and told him that I had also noticed some spotting. He asked me if I thought my water had broken and I told him that I was too sure but we needed to wait it out a bit and see how things go the rest of the day. So we lounge around the house watching tv for most of the day. Around noon I start noticing some pain...the pain felt like really bad period cramps. I notice that these are very different than the braxton hicks contractions that I had previously felt before. I kinda ignore them and go on with the rest of the day. Well around 4pm the contractions are starting to get closer together and stronger. I tell Kyle that we need to start timing them. We do and they start out at being 12 mins apart. I also start to notice a lot more spotting every time I go to the restroom. As time goes the contractions start to get stronger but the times in between vary from 3mins to 8mins. So we weren't too sure if it was true labor. Around 9pm, I tell Kyle that we are going to the hospital because the contractions are really starting to hurt, I was pretty much in tears! Kyle was unsure because we had been the hospital 7 times prior and he didn't want this to be another false alarm...I completely understood why he felt this way but I told him that I was going with or without him. So we quickly get our things together and get Ava to bed (my roommate watched her for us that evening). As Kyle was getting ready, I had a little bit of a breakdown. I pretty much knew I was in labor and that pretty soon Kyle and I would be holding our little baby. It felt all too real! We got into the car and headed to the hospital. I had a good few contractions on the way. I checked in around 930pm. We get into our room. They checked my cervix to see if I was dilating... I was at 6cm and 90% effaced....yes I was labor!
They then checked to see if my water had broken but it was still there. The nurse asked if I wanted an epidural and I told her yes and immediately! I got my epidural within 30mins. My anesthesiologist was a complete nut! He randomly talked about things and I pretty sure he was a stoner or a user of some sort of recreational drug. He had to do my epidural 2 times... I'm not at all sure why he had to do it twice, something to do with spinal fluid. Anyways, once that was done I felt so much better! The nurse had the doctor come in to break my water. They checked me again I was at 9cm and 100% effaced!! But not soon after...maybe 3 to 4 contractions later, I felt the need to push. The epidural was working but I was feeling so much pressure! Kyle called the nurse right away. She came in and told me that I could go ahead and push if I felt that I needed to. We did 4 to 5 pushes. The nurse then calls my doctor and told me that I had to stop pushing. We had to wait 10 very long mins. During this time I'm having a hard time trying not to push and being in so much pain!!! The doctor finally arrives. I'm not at all sure how many pushes it took but it wasn't that many...I finally delivered my little girl! Kinsley Ann came into the world at 11:56pm!!!
She weighed 7lbs 7oz and 19 1/2 inches long! She instantly latched on to nurse soon after birth. She is such an amazing little girl and looks so much like her daddy (I'll post a pic later of Kyle's baby pic...they look exactly alike)!We are so in love with our little girl!!
The next morning Kyle got up early to go get Ava so she could meet her little sister!!! Ava was so excited when she arrived. She is so in love with her sissy!
We got to leave the hospital March 9th around 330pm.
Now that we have been home everything has been great! Kinsley is sleeping really good and is such a great nurser! Everything is amazing and I'm loving every moment with my family. I have never been this happy in my life. I have a great boyfriend (who pretty much is my hubby...well everyone calls us married and we don't deny it), two sweet little girls, a cutie step-daughter, and wonderful friends!! Life is so good!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment